Inquest finds asbestos-link to death of club singer
Following the death of the well-known Wolverhampton club singer Colin Archer in March 2011, a coroner has ruled the his death was asbestos - related.
An inquest ruled that Colin Archer’s death was asbestos –related and was due to his exposure to asbestos fibres during his many years employment as a tarmac welder. Tributes were paid to the well-known club singer from Wolverhampton who had suffered for around ten years with lung problems.
The inquest heard that a post mortem carried out on Mr. Archer showed he had a tumor on his lung. The coroner ruled that as his death was due to asbestosis and a tumor, and therefore an industrial disease. His daughter Jayne Edge recalled childhood stories he would tell them detailing his work with asbestos and although he was ‘very bubbly and was always happy, he really struggled towards the end’. Colin died in March 2011 aged 77 years and will be greatly missed by friends and family, and in the clubs of the Black Country in which he performed for many years.
Here at Armco Asbestos Consultants we have many years experience in understanding the risks on asbestos. We can offer your company a wide- variety of services to ensure that are able to operate within the asbestos law and protect your staff, customers and the public from potentially hazardous asbestos fibres.
We offer various training: Asbestos Awareness; Works with Non-Licensed Asbestos Containing Materials; Respiratory Mask Face-Fitting and; Refreshers Courses. For further details, please navigate this site, call us in the Armco office on 0161 763 3727 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Other services we provide are consultancy and advice; sampling; Management and Refurbishment/Demolition Surveys and; licensed and non-licensed removal, and remedial works. Please contact the office for further details.